Following is a listing of fellowships that are available to graduate students in Electrical Engineering. Many of these fellowships provide full funding including monthly stipend and tuition. Some provide a one-time stipend award.
Students may contact the Advising Office with questions about these fellowships.
Students may apply directly for this list of fellowships
Each of the fellowships listings in this group (except for one which has a phone listing) is a link to the appropriate fellowship website. Please do explore!
- National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Fellowship
- Fannie and John Hertz Foundation Fellowship
- Hydropower Research Foundation Fellowship
- DOE High-Performance Computer Science Fellowship
- GEM fellowship (National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Sciences)
- UW Huckabay Teaching Fellowship
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) Educational Foundation
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellowships
- Women in Science and Engineering - 206.543.4810 (Phone)
Students may also consult the Graduate School's Online Resource Pages for other possible fellowships to which they can apply directly.
Faculty make nominations for these fellowships
The department nominates current graduate students for these awards. Students may consult with their faculty advisor if they are interested in being nominated for any of these awards.
- Intel Ph.D. Fellowship
- Intel M.S. Fellowship
- Intel Dupont Fellowship
- Tektronix Fellowship
- Microsoft Fellowship
- Ford Foundation Fellowship
- Grainger Foundation Fellowship
- Nanotechnology Early Bird Fellowship
- College of Engineering Osberg Fellowship
- College of Engineering Boeing Fellowship - for recruitment only
- College of Engineering Gray Fellowship - for recruitment only
- College of Engineering Lynch/Russell Fellowship - for recruitment only
- ARCS (Achievement Rewards for College Scientists - for recruitment only