Teaching Assistant (TA) Information
Approximately 30 teaching assistantships are awarded every quarter to exceptional students. Students are eligible to receive an award anytime during their period of study; however, renewal of teaching assistantship status is not guaranteed. Applications for renewal will be considered with those of new students. Students who do not complete their Master's degree within two years may not be eligible for additional appointments.
Students who receive teaching assistantships will help instruct an undergraduate or graduate course within the EE department. All new teaching assistants, international and domestic, will be required to attend the TA Conference on Teaching and Learning, coordinated by the Center for Instructional Development and Research each fall.
- Online TA
Application Form - Opens January 23, 2013 and closes February 8, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
- Departmental Procedures for TA appointments
- TA & Grader Assignments - list of current/previous quarter EE course TA's and Graders
TA Offices - where to hold office hours and conduct other TA related work
- UW Executive Order 28 - University procedures for TA appointments and grievances
- Subscribe to TA Email List - important TA information is normally sent on this email list
- TA Salary - information on TA salary and paycheck
- TA Award - awarded annually by the EE department to an Outstanding TA
- Graduate Appointee Insurance - DO NOT forget to enroll/re-enroll
online with the WPAS at the beginning of every academic year
- Course Computing - information on instructional labs and lab access
- Course Webpage - how to initiate a web page for your class
- Student Privacy - importance of protection of student records
- Emergency and Disability - emergency contact numbers and information useful for disabled students
- TA FAQ - list of most commonly asked questions by TA's of EE department
- EE Stores - the hardware store located in EE building
- Teaching @ the UW - a
gateway to teaching resources at the University of Washington. This is
an excellent reference for TA's at UW
- University of Washington TA Handbook - includes useful tips and resources for effective teaching
- CTL - Center for Teaching and Learning. CTL is dedicated to teaching at the UW. They conduct TA workshops, individual consultations, classroom observations, international TA training etc.
- Office of Educational Assessment - provides a variety of evaluation and assessment services to UW (including the TA evaluation forms)
- CELT - Center for Engineering Learning and Teaching. CELT is the teaching resource center of the College of Engineering. They can help, among other things, on issues related to your classroom experiences
- Learning & Scholarly Technologies - UW Information Technology provides the useful Catalyst web site consisting of tools and resources that can help integrate technology with education
- Engineering Ischool Writing Center - a good referral for undergraduate students seeking help for developing professional writing skills (for student project reports etc)
- FROG - Faculty Resource on Grading. A grading reference for graduate students who are course instructors
- UW Counseling Center - offers counseling services to students
- Tomorow's Professor - includes postings on a broad range of teaching topics
- Richard Felder's Teaching Resources at NCSU - includes various articles and papers relevant to aspects of teaching and learning in Engineering
- Selected chapters of 'Tools for Teaching' by Davis, B.G. - a popular teaching resource book
- American Academics for Higher Education - a community working to improve higher education
- American Society for Engineering Education - a non-profit association working to improve Engineering and Technology education
- University of Wisconsin TA Handbook - reference for teaching tips
Updates or corrections to this page should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.