International Students: May 1st
Domestic Students: June 1st
- All application materials must be received electronically via the electronic application.
- Applicants are responsible for tracking application materials to ensure all items arrive by the deadline.
- Applicants can track the status of the application by logging into the electronic application.
- Admission is for Autumn Quarter only - applications are not accepted for Winter, Spring or Summer quarters.
Criteria for Admission
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an engineering or science discipline.
- Professional experience is not required, however 1-3 years of experience is encouraged.
- Minimim 3.0 undergraduate GPA. If you do not meet the minimum GPA requirement, please consider taking courses as a Graduate Non-Matriculated student before applying to the PMP.
Required Application Materials
- Online UW Graduate School Application
- $75 Graduate School Application Fee (paid online)
- Unofficial Transcripts (from all post-secondary institutions)
- You will be asked to upload these via the Graduate School Application site.
- Summarize your academic and professional background (if applicable) and goals, and your reasons for applying to the PMP.
- Mention any particular strengths that may not appear in other application materials, and explain any areas of weakness that may be of concern.
- You should also address your anticipated ability to meet the demands of an evening degree program while working (if applicable) and balancing your other demands/commitments (i.e. family, etc).
- Applicants will be asked to provide the current email addresses of recommenders who will then be notified via email to provide their recommendation online. As a part of the process, recommenders will also be asked to rate the applicant in areas such as creativity, independent thinking, ability to work as a team, and verbal and written proficiency.
- If possible, at least 1 recommendation should be a professional reference, ideally coming from a current supervisor or colleague. Since students pursuing a graduate degree while working full-time must balance many time commitments and responsibilities, it is important that the admissions committee have an indication of the level of support and flexibility that the applicant's company/supervisor is prepared to offer the student to help facilitate their successful completion of the MSEE.
- If you are applying without professional experience, letters of recommendation can come from internship supervisors, research supervisors, or instructors/professors.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL, regardless of citizenship. Thus, U.S. citizens whose native language is not English are required to submit valid TOEFL scores.
- Exceptions to this rule are outlined at: Graduate School Memorandum No.8.
- When beginning the online Graduate School Application you will be asked to create an account.
- Once you have created an account you will be asked to select the graduate program to which you are applying. Select Electrical Engineering MSE (Evening) as your choice in the pull-down menu.
- Curriculum - A summary of PMP curriculum & degree requirements
- Statement on Research - The PMP statement on research
- Mailing List - Join our mailing list and stay up to date on events, information sessions, deadlines, etc...
- The Professional Programs Community - Bios of faculty, administration, students, and alumni
- Tuition & Fees - Information on PMP program fees and tuition
- Graduate School FAQ's - A list of frequently asked questions maintained by the UW Graduate School
Questions? Please e-mail all questions to email@example.com.