Skip to main content
- Affiliate Assistant Professor
- Mechanics and sustainability of oﬀshore systems including manned and unmanned vehicles, devices, and habitats.
- Oﬀshore and inshore operations and maintenance using submersible, work-class systems including unmanned autonomous vehicles, remotely-operated vehicles, and human-occupied vehicles.
- Human/machine interaction and methods of fusing real-time sensor data with virtual representations of ocean environments with an emphasis on haptic rendering and immersive visualization.
- Extraction of energy from marine environments (coastal, oﬀshore, deep ocean, Arctic, riverine).
- Next-generation ocean science technology and methods/instrumentation for persistent monitoring in harsh or otherwise challenging marine environments.
- Defense applications for marine renewable energy conversion, advanced telerobotic control, large ﬂoating and submerged platforms.
Ph.D. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, 2012
M.A. Dynamics & Control Theory, 2008
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2006
University of California, San Diego