M.P. Anantram earned his B.Sc. in Applied Science from P.S.G. College of Technology, Coimbatore, India, his M.Sc. degree in Physics from the University of Pune, India, and his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University. He has worked at the NASA Ames Research Center’s Center for Nanotechnology and was a professor at the University of Waterloo before joining the University of Washington.
Anantram’s group at the UW works on the theory, algorithm and application of modeling methods for nanoscale materials and devices. The group’s current focus is on fast algorithms to calculate Gless, modeling of electron transport in DNA and multi-scale modeling of memory devices such as phase change and resistive memory devices.
Proton-based transistor could let machines communicate with living thingsUW Today - September 20, 2011
- M. G. Rabbani, S. R. Patil, A. Verma, J. E. Villarreal, B. A. Korgel, R. Nekovei, M. M. Khader, R. B. Darling, and M. P. Anantram, “Zero-bias photocurrents in highly-disordered networks of Ge and Si nanowires,” Nanotechnology, vol. 27, no. 4, art. 045201 (9pp.), Dec. 11, 2015.
- Z. Wan, R. B. Darling, and M. P. Anantram, “Programmable Diode/Resistor-Like Behaviors of Nanostructured Vanadium Pentoxide Xerogel Thin Film,” J. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., vol. 17, no. 45, pp. 30248-30254, Nov. 2015.
- A nested dissection approach to modeling transport in nanodevices: Algorithms and applications, U Hetmaniuk, Y Zhao, MP Anantram - International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Volume 95, Issue 7, Pages 587-607, 2013
- Negative Differential Resistance in Boron Nitride Graphene Heterostructures: Physical Mechanisms and Size Scaling Analysis, Y. Zhao, Z. Wan, X. Xu, S. R. Patil, U. Hetmaniuk & M. P. Anantram, Scientific Reports 5, Article number: 10712 (2015)
- Photon induced negative capacitance in metal oxide semiconductor structures, A. Fadavi Roudsari ; I. Khodadad ; S. S. Saini ; M. P. Anantram, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Volume PP, Issue 99, Page 1, 20 January 2016
- Conformational gating of DNA conductance, Juan Manuel Artés, Yuanhui Li, Jianqing Qi, M. P. Anantram & Joshua Hihath, Nature Communications 6, Article number: 8870 (2016)
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (Nanostructures), 1995
M.S. Physics, 1989
University of Pune
B.S. Applied Science, 1986
P.S.G. College of Technology