- Cavity Enhanced Nonlinear Optics for Few Photon Optical Bistability got pubished in optics express.
- Tunable dark modes in one-dimensional diatomic dielectric gratings got pubished in optics express.
- Undergraduate students Jun-Min Lee, Yuanchao Xu, Anh Tuan Ngo and Morgan Bayer will work with us for the Spring quarter.
- Undergraduate student Derek Tokutake Hsu will work with us for the winter quarter.
- Graduate student Alan Zhan joined our group.
- Arka is awarded the 2015 AFOSR-Young Investigator Award (Porgram Manager: Gernot S. Pomrenke). Thanks Gernot!! Here is the article on this from UW. The actual news release is here.
- "Simulations of Silicon-on-insulator Channel-waveguide Electro-optical 2 x 2 Switches and 1 x 1 Modulators Using a Ge2Sb2Te5 Self-holding Layer" published in IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology.
- "Electro-optical switching at 1550 nm using a two-state GeSe phase-change layer" is published in Optics Express.
- "Electro-optical 1 x 2, 1 x N and N x N fiber-optic and free-space switching over 1.55 to 3.0 micron using a Ge-Ge2Sb2Te5-Ge prism structure" is published in Optics Express.
- Arka gave an invited talk in Frontiers in Optics in Tucson, AZ.
- Arka gave UW-EE research colloquium for Fall, 2014.
- Chris officially joined Integrated Quantum Optoelectronics Lab.
- Arka received NSF-EFRI grant as a co-PI for 2D material research.
- Taylor officially joined Integrated Quantum Optoelectronics Lab.
- "Nonclassical higher-order photon correlations with a quantum dot strongly coupled to a photonic-crystal nanocavity" is published in Phys. Rev. A.
- Arka officially joined University of Washington, Seattle.