NS3 UAN Simulator
We are developing new modules for Underwater Acoustic Network (UAN) simulations. We have ported the majority of the functionality described below to the ns3 simulator. Comments/suggestions/reviews are more than welcome. We hope that this work will result in a usable simulation environment for the whole of the underwater networking community. Send any comments to Leonard Tracy. Our mercurial repository is available at:
NS2 UAN Simulator
This code is not intended as a distribution, but is provided here for the reprodocibility of experiments in our recent MAC publications. Work on the NS2 simulator was stopped in favor of an NS3 model which is much more versatile. Much more care is being taken to provide a coherrent, usable API for the development of new MAC and PHY models in our NS3 additions.
We have simply linked our NS 2.31 project directory here. To use, simply download, run configure and make. The following additions have been made to NS2 in order to support UAN simulations
- New FH-FSK PHY which makes use of our improved propagation layer which attempts to closely model FH-FSK as implemented in the WHOI Micromodem.
- Improved propagation layer which uses Bellhop output to find signal attenuation and channel delay spread.
- We've implemented several new MAC layers:
- Pure ALOHA
- ALOHA with random backoff (appearing soon in J-SAC)
- A Reservation MAC with dedicated control channel (appearing at WuWNet 08)
For questions or comments, contact Leonard Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org