Frequently Asked Questions
Husky card access to EE labs is not handled by the computing staff. Instead, see the front office staff for help (Room AE100R).
- How do I get an account?
- How do I change my password?
- What if I can't log in (forgotten passwords or other issues)?
- What are UWEE's account policies?
- What support is offered to faculty, staff, and official visitors?
- How often are my files backed up?
- What resources are available to support faculty and TAs who are teaching courses?
- How can I get quota pages so I can print? EE login required
- Commonly used network and server information
- How to request a new IP
- Software Copyright Policy
- Ethics in Computer Usage
- Computing resource usage guidelines
- List of computing support staff
- About UW Google Apps UW IT Connect
- U Drive: Central File Storage for Users UW IT Connect
- Microsoft Software for EE Faculty, Staff, and Students (MSDN)
- How do I move files from my computer onto an EE server?
- How do I connect to UW's wireless network? UW IT Connect
- Connecting to the EE VPN: From Windows From Mac
- Security Threat Removal
- Using UW Kerberos Authentication with a Local Mac Account
- Accessing the UWEE Remote Computing Lab
- Where are the EE computing labs located?
- About the Linux Computing Lab
- Linux Lab Multi Processing (Cluster)
- Linux Lab Matlab Mutli Processing
- Python Module Installs
- Using VNC to connect remotely to graphical applications.
- Xming and PuTTY for X11 on Windows.
- Email at UWEE
- About mailing lists
- How to send large files to other people
- Guidelines regarding mailing list usage
- Info for graduates regarding email lists
- About search engines and "spiders"
- Controlling access to web pages
- Setting up class web pages
- How to move files to/from the web server
- EE Wiki