Operations > Computing > FAQ
Connecting to the EE VPN from Windows
The following instructions are for Windows 7 users. Connections are supported from Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. Mac users should follow the Mac instructions.
Please refrain from using your student account to pass illegal p2p traffic thru these machines. Law firms do check for these things, and let us know about it, a lot.
- Open the Control Panel:
- Select "Network and Sharing Center":
- Click on "Set up a new connection or network":
- Select "Connect to a workplace", then click the "Next" button.
- "Use my internet connection (VPN)":
- The Internet address must be "ee-wong.ee.washington.edu". The Destination name can be anything, although it's best to pick something obvious.
- For your login credentials, use your NETID username and password. Be sure to
enter "NETID" as the Domain name.
- The connection may take a little while to complete, but you'll receive
confirmation once it's been made:
- That's it! Your network connection will now be automatically routed through the VPN connection, letting you access all the same computers and other resources you'd be able to if you were on campus.
If you run into any problems or have any questions, please contact the EE Computing help desk.