X forwarding Mathematica from the Linux Lab
- If while xforwarding mathematica your fonts don't work quite right, you've come to the right place.
- Grab recent, working fonts, last spotted here.
- Unzip them to some directory, say ~/some/dir/
- 'xset fp+ ~/some/dir/Type1 && xset fp rehash' will add ~/some/dir/Type1 to your font path for the time being
- xset q will show you a bunch of things, one of which should be your font path, with our recent addition.
- Now 'ssh -X' into one of the linux lab machines (linux0-linux18), and run 'mathematica'
- Hopefully you are now witnessing working mathematica fonts on your display.