Calls for professors who do not have an answering machine or voice mail are forwarded to 543-2151. The front office staff will take a message and place it in the professor's mailbox or send the message by e-mail.
Please note that a campus phone number can be dialed from department phones using only the last five digits of the phone number. For instance, the phone number 543-2152 could be dialed "3-2152" from any campus phone. Campus phone numbers begin with the following prefixes:
- 543-xxxx (on campus, dial "3-xxxx")
- 685-xxxx (on campus, dial "5-xxxx")
- 616-xxxx (on campus, dial "6-xxxx")
- 552-xxxx (on campus, dial "2-xxxx")
- 221-xxxx (on campus, dial "1-xxxx")
- 934-xxxx (on campus, dial "4-xxxx")
Three pay phones are located in the EE/CSE building Upper Basement level. There are also payphones at the HUB and in Loew Hall.
A complete set of instructions on campus phone systems, including the new Norstar system that we have is available on the UW Web Phone Pages.