Procurement Card Purchases
Overview of Pro-Card Policy and Procedure
The Procurement card (Procard) is a VISA credit card used to make purchases on behalf of the University of Washington administrators, faculty, and staff for business related expenses only. The Procard can be used for making most purchases up to $3500 dollars per transaction. The Procard cannot be used for travel expenses.
What can the procard purchase? Just about anything related to UW business. Examples:
- In order to have a Procard credit card issued for use the employee must fill out a Procurement Card Application form and acquire an Authorization signature and approval from the department Administrator. All employees must take the procurement training class offered by the UW.
- Immediately upon receipt of goods, receiver must sign and date packing slip, or receipt/invoice if packing slip is not available, indicating receipt of goods.
- Reconcile your purchase by logging into the Web UW Pro-Card site and click on the PaymentNet tab. Enter your UW NetID and password. Click on the icon PaymentNetTM in the upper left corner. Using the screen labeled "Transaction List" perform a sort by the last name of the card holder.
- Locate and reconcile your transaction.
- Print copy of completed and reconciled transaction form. Attach supporting documents (order confirmation, signed and dated packing slip, and receipt/invoice) to transaction form.
- Turn in reconciled transaction form along with supporting documents to Fiscal Technician for review and reconciliation.
Reviewing and coding Purchase with Single Budget:
- Enter Budget, Object and Sub-object codes, and transaction notes in the Transaction Detail Record in PaymentNet.
- Some budgets require project/task codes. Type Task Code, 000, and then Project Code (4xx000GENERL). There should be no spaces between the codes. This allows MyFinancialDesktop to pick up these codes.
- If the information is correct then click on the “REViewed” box on the upper left corner of the Transaction Detail Record screen and Save the transaction by clicking on the blue Save > icon in the top left corner of the Transaction Detail Record screen.
- Print copy of Transaction Detail Record screen.
- Give the Transaction Detail Form with the supporting documents (order confirmation, signed and dated packing slip, and receipt/invoice) to the Fiscal Technician for review and reconciliation.
Record Purchase with Multiple Budgets (Split):
- From the Transaction Detail Record Number screen click on the blue icon labeled “Split >” and you will get the screen “Transaction Split for Record Number”.
- Click on the drop down box labeled Select Number of Splits and select the number of budgets to be used for the purchase. This box is found in the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on the blue “Edit Row >” icon for changes (found at the beginning or end of each budget row to be changed) to the first budget. Make changes to Budget, Object cod, Sub-object code, Project/Task code as appropriate.
- Click the blue icon entitled “Save Row” (found at the beginning or end of each budget row to be changed).
- Repeat coding steps for each budget row.
- Type in any notes you would like in the Transaction Notes of the Transaction Split for Record number screen.
- If the information is correct then click on the “REViewed” box on the upper left corner of the Transaction Split for Record Number screen. Save the transaction by clicking on the blue “Save Split >” icon on the upper left corner of the Transaction Split for Record Number screen.
- Give the form with the supporting documents (order confirmation, signed and dated packing slip, and receipt/invoice) to the Fiscal Technician for review and reconciliation.
Print UW Transaction Detail with Notes & Account Codes Report:
- Two reviewers (preferably cardholder & reconciler/approver) should sign this report. Signature signifies completion of transaction reviews for this account cycle.
- Give the signed form to Fiscal Technician.
- UW Transaction Detail forms will be kept on file in a central location for the required retention period.
- BUDGET – Budgets are based on the org. code. Click on the Division box and select the appropriate PI. Then click on the Budget box and select the appropriate budget number.
- OBJECT CODE – Click on the Object Code box and select the appropriate object code.
- SUB-OBJECT CODE – Click on the S-Object Code box and select the appropriate sub-object code.
- PROJECT/TASK CODE (if using a department budget) – Click on the Project-Task-Option box, remove the 000000000000, Type in the appropriate Project and Task codes.
Receipts smaller than 81/2 x 11 need to be taped, top and bottom of receipt, to an 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper.