The EE Research Management Team commits to working in partnership with each faculty member to provide the best support possible to facilitate the proposal submission process. This partnership is based on two distinct areas: business and research. The EE Research Management Team manages the business side of the proposal process; EE faculty manage the research side of the proposal process. The final result of these two components coming together is a cohesive proposal that is accurate, error free and is submitted on time to satisfy both University and sponsor deadlines.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINES
The University of Washington requires that all proposals obtain campus approval prior to routing to UW Office of Sponsored Programs (UW OSP). This is an electronic process done via SAGE, the System to Administer Grants Electronically. Campus approval is required for all involved departments, colleges, deans and UW OSP.
The UW submits thousands of proposals annually in support of our research mission. In order to manage the large flow of proposals that require review, revision, approval and submission, UW OSP has implemented the following deadlines for all proposal actions, stated below. These deadlines are determined based on the Sponsor Due Date. Not counting weekends and holidays, these routing deadlines are critical to working within Unviersity policy and ensure propsoals will be submitted on time.
7 day Campus Routing (CR) Deadline
- Final proposal title, budget and budget justification
- Draft versions of the abstract/summary, scientific sections
3 day Ready to Submit (RTS) Deadline
- Final versions of the scientific sections
THE RESEARCH MANAGEMENT TEAM
Electrical Engineering faculty members are supported with a centralized team of specialists who manage the day to day functions of research operations.
The program manager is your assigned contact for all things related to research management. Click HERE to view our department assignments.
- Program Managers: these team members drive the leadership and accountability of the Research Management Team. Supporting an assigned group of faculty members, they are responsible for the comprehensive management of your research and budget operations.
- Program Specialists: these team members who are responsible for the proposal submission process, award processing, and budget reporting. They work directly with the Program Managers and the Fiscal Specialists to pull together the bulk of the data you will use for projections and analysis of your research operations.
- Fiscal Specialists: these team members are responsible for the day to day processing of purchasing transactions, travel and expense reimbursements, and completing budget reconciliation duties. They are responsible for ensuring your transactions are completed in a timely manner, are compliant and processed correctly.
Submission of this information allows our team to be informed of your intent to submit a proposal, organize our overall submission queue and get the relevant information to start working on your proposal. Your request is submitted to your assigned program manager and is given a unique identification number to assist our team in tracking and completion. We will confirm your intent to submit a proposal within one business day.
This section is provided for faculty to access tools and information related to their research.
Listing of all Research Support Staff - Sorted by name (staff and faculty)