Welcome to UW EE! Please join us for our 2017 Graduate Student Orientation to meet with faculty, staff and fellow graduate students. Over two days we’ll introduce you to the department, with speakers ranging from UW EE faculty and advisers to the Graduate Student Association, and to the UW campus, with speakers including campus police and representatives from the academic student employee union.
- 9–9:30 a.m. Continental breakfast. Kane 225.
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. TA training (required for all new Ph.D. candidates). Kane 225.
- 12:30–12:50 p.m. Lunch. Kane 225.
- 12:50–1 p.m. Welcome by Radha Poovendran, UW EE Professor and Chair. Kane 225.
- 1–2 p.m. Faculty panel. Kane 225.
- 2–2:30 p.m. Safety (with UW Police). Kane 225.
- 2:30–3 p.m. UAW Local 4121 — Academic student employee union. Kane 225.
- 3–3:45 p.m. Break. Kane 225.
- 3:45–4:30 p.m. Faculty research overview. Kane 225.
- 4:30–6 p.m. Faculty and student social — with games and refreshments! Sylvan Grove (if rain — EEB Second Floor Atrium).