UW EE’s computer and network research includes computer architecture and computer system engineering, VLSI, embedded computing, wireless networks, and wireless communication research. Several of UW EE’s computers and networks faculty hold joint and secondary appointments in computer science and engineering and teach jointly in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering departments.
Computer Engineering and Architecture
Operating systems, performance analysis, and testbed development, FPGA based computing architectures
Very-Large-Scale Integration (VLSI)
Analog and digital VLSI integrated circuits, devices, and applications, energy management
Mobile devices, embedded control systems, real-time systems, tools and networks
Internet architecture, network economics, distributed systems, developing country infrastructure
Network security, game theory, statistical modeling, machine learning and control and systems theory
- Adaptive Computing Machines and Emulators (ACME) Lab
- Applied Computational Engineering Lab
- Wireless Sensor Lab
- Network Security Lab
- Visvesh Sathe's research group
- Fundamentals of Networking Laboratory
- Future Analog System Technologies Lab
- Information Theory Lab
- Sreeram Kannan
- Visvesh Sathe
- Baosen Zhang
- Jacques Christophe Rudell
- Scott Hauck
- Vikram Jandhyala
- Radha Poovendran
- James A. Ritcey
- Sumit Roy
- Payman Arabshahi
- Linda Bushnell
- Brian P. Otis
- Jim Peckol
- Yasuo Kuga
UW Radio Researchers Break World Record with Full Duplex CommunicationElectrical engineers in the FAST Lab at the UW, recently demonstrated the novel radio system that uses a new high-frequency integrated CMOS chip and embedded processor.
UW Security Researchers Show that Google’s AI Platform for Defeating Internet Trolls Can be Easily DeceivedUniversity of Washington electrical engineering researchers have shown that Google’s new machine learning-based system to identify toxic comments in online discussion forums can be bypassed.
Professor Roy Leads Spectrum ResearchProfessor Roy monitors Spectrum usage to inform a Spectrum sharing plan for increased broadband access worldwide.
UW EE Wins $7.5 Million MURI Grant to Defend Advanced CyberattacksA highly competitive $7.5 million Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative grant has been awarded to a research team led by Department Chair and PI Radha Poovendran.
- Spectrum Sharing of Radar and Wi-Fi Networks: The Sensing/Throughput Tradeoff
- Spectrum Sharing between a Surveillance Radar and Secondary Wi-Fi Networks
- Design, analysis, and performance evaluation for BICM-ID with square QAM constellations in Rayleigh fading channels
- Jamming-aware traffic allocation for multiple-path routing using portfolio selection
- Deceptive Routing in Relay Networks
- Aviation Cyber-Physical Systems: Foundations for Future Aircraft and Air Transport