You may enroll in UW EE classes on a non-degree (also called non-matriculated) basis as an undergraduate or a graduate student. The processes and requirements are very different between undergraduate and graduate non-matriculated status, so review this page carefully.
The process for becoming an undergraduate non-matriculated student requires a few simple registration forms. You do not need to submit transcripts, grades or test scores. We strongly recommend you submit forms prior to the first day of the quarter. You may complete registration after the quarter begins, although you will owe a late fee. You should also attend the first day of class so you do not miss any material.
Registration for autumn, winter and spring quarters is different from summer quarter, as detailed below.
Registration – Autumn, Winter and Spring
Registration for autumn, winter and spring quarters is through the UW’s Non-Degree Enrollment Office.
Follow the process on the UW’s Non-Degree Enrollment registration page. You will need to complete two forms and submit tuition payment prior to the first day of the quarter to avoid paying late fees.
Autumn quarter 2016
- Registration period begins: August 7, 2016
- Classes begin and $25 late fee assessed: September 30, 2016
- Last day to register for classes: October 14, 2016
For more information, review the UW’s Non-Degree Enrollment important dates page.
Registration – Summer
Registration for summer quarter is through the UW’s Registration Office.
Follow the process on the Summer Quarter Web site.
Summer quarter 2016
- Register online: Through May 31, 2016
- Register by mail or in person: Beginning June 1, 2016
- Classes begin: June 20, 2016 (full-term and A-term) and July 21, 2016 (B-term)
Students interested in graduate non-matriculated status must apply through the UW Graduate School. You must have an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering or the equivalent. If you have questions about applying to UW EE as a graduate non-matriculated student, contact the UW EE Advising Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-543-2142.
Graduate non-matriculated deadlines are the same every year:
- Autumn quarter: September 1
- Winter quarter: December 1
- Spring quarter: March 1
- Summer quarter: May 15
The online application requires completing the UW Graduate School’s electronic application. In the application you’ll have the option to select either the daytime or evening option for graduate non-matric.
The electronic application entails submitting the following materials:
- Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts: Scan and upload an electronic copy of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended via the online application system. Do not mail transcripts; official transcripts will not be accepted.
- Statement of Purpose: A one-page summary of your academic background and the reason for requesting graduate non-matriculated status in Electrical Engineering. Include a list of EE courses intended to be applied toward an MSEE. You may apply a maximum of 12 credits toward a UW EE master’s degree.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate School Application Fee of $75